Valentine Sun Catchers
I think perhaps I am wishing for some sun to catch with these pretty little hearts. We have had gray skies and fog for most of the winter in my neck of the woods, but creating these colorful hearts with your kids will brighten up your windows with or without that elusive sunshine! Your kids will love this easy project, and you’ll love that it doesn’t require any trips to the store for supplies.
Valentine Sun Catchers Materials Needed:
- Wax Paper
- Hole punch
Valentine Sun Catchers Directions:
- Start with a piece of wax paper about 12” long and fold in half and then open back up.
- Using a cheese grater, grate crayon onto wax paper. You can use one color or several to create a nice mottled effect. (Once you’re done, the crayon will wash off your grater easily with hot water and a scrub brush.)
- Refold your wax paper over the top of your crayon bits.
- Protect your ironing surface with kraft paper. Set folded wax paper on top. Cover with another piece of kraft paper. With your iron on a medium setting, gently press until crayons are melted.
- Allow the wax paper and crayons to dry and harden.
- Trace hearts of different sizes onto the wax paper and cut them out.
- Punch a hole in the top and string them up in your window.
by The Krazy Coupon Lady