Make a Powdered Wig Craft for President’s Day!
Dress up like the presidents of the past with this fun powdered wig craft for President’s Day. Perfect for school plays or even a Halloween costume.
It’s easy to make and the kids will enjoy walking around the house like a president!
What you’ll need:
- Paper painter’s hat
- Cotton balls, about half a bag
- White craft glue
- 4” x 2” black felt
How to make it:
- Stuff something inside the hat like a hand towel or a few rags, just to give it some shape.
- Glue cotton balls to the hat, starting at the front and working your way to the back. Continue until the entire hat is covered.
- Cut the black felt into 4 long strips. Glue 2 of them to the center of the bill of the hat (over the cotton balls) in un upside down “V” shape. This will be the tail of the bow.
- Fold the remaining two strips in half and glue the ends together to form the bow ties.
- Glue the bow over the bow tail.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Wear hat backwards so the bow is above the nape of the neck.
- You can find painter hats at home improvement stores for less than a dollar.
- Instead of rags, line the hat with wax paper or plastic wrap and place it on another child’s head, then glue away!
- Buy several pieces of felt whenever you visit the craft store to keep your supply stocked.
P.S. Wouldn’t it be fun to make this powdered wig craft out of marshmallows and then let the kids eat it? (if it hasn’t gone on their head first!)
by Amanda Formaro