Fall Leaf Craft
Here’s a clever way to use fall leaves in artwork. This is a fun and simple project that uses the power of the sun to create some lovely results!
Fall Leaf Craft Materials:
- 1 sheet construction of each color: red, green, and orange
- Leaves in different shapes and sizes
- Pennies, stones or pebbles
Fall Leaf Craft Directions:
- Tape the three sheets of construction paper together. Only use tape on one side.
- Place paper so it gets some direct sunlight, good side up, and place leaves on top. Position some leaves so that they cover two colors of paper. Also try leaving some hanging off the edge. Place pennies, stones or other weights onto leaves so that they will not blow away.
- Leave the project in the sunlight for 3-4 hours. Check after an hour or so to see if any of the leaves have begun to curl, adjust the weights if necessary.
- Remove the weights and leaves.
- If the sunlight isn’t strong enough to bleach the paper in only 3-4 hours, leave the leaves on for longer.
- To dress your project up a bit, tie twine into a bow and glue to the center of the paper, or glue one to each color.
- You will need flat leaves, so use fallen leaves that have been pressed in a heavy book, or pluck one or two from a tree.
- Try different shapes and sizes to add visual interest.
By: Amanda Formaro