BLUEBONNET PHOTO TIPS
Spring is just around the corner and in Texas that means the ole reliable blues are ready to make an appearance. This is a great reason to take on a mini road trip for bluebonnets photos.
A few tips to think about when you are taking pictures.
1. KIS’M. (Keep it simple mom). Simple is better! Bright, solid colors are beautiful outdoors especially with greenery in the background. Let the bluebonnets be the texture and focus in your photo. Avoid busy patterns and colors in your clothing choices.
2. Play outside. Avoid direct sunlight; it can cause dark shadows. Early morning and late afternoon provide great natural light. A overcast day can even out the light and make for a beautiful photo.
3. Stop, Drop, and Go low. Get down on your knees or belly to take the photo. This keeps your children and the bluebonnets in the same frame. To change it up, focus on the flowers with your children as the background. Keeping your flash low will also help with red eye!
4. Lose control. Play peek-a-boo. Make some noise. Sing a Song. Let them get messy. (NOTE: naps and snacks make time more enjoyable too!!) Do get stressed out; Enjoy! They are in control…not you! Relax and wait for the shot.
5. Zoom-Zoom-Zoom. Simple is better. Take a photo of your child in the flowers, not the road, your car, or the fence (unless that is your story). Fill your viewfinder with your child’s face or the expression of the shot.
6. TAFFF. Text talk or take a friend for fun. Share your experience with a friend and share the camera. Take each other’s family shots so mom is not behind the camera again!
7. Just Keep Shooting! Take a lot of photos. Never just take one shoot. Take two or three. You might get a smile in the click of a button.
8. Bag of Tricks. Small blankets, lovees, noise makers, bubbles, snacks for little ones, and a friend.
9. The window for bluebonnets is limited. For a list of wildflower locations Call the Texas Department of Transportation 800-452-9292 or visit their website.
Photography, like music, can take you back to the moment in time and spark your senses all over again. These tips are just that TIPS. Experiment and have fun shooting!!
Tips Courtesy of Salerno Expressions Photography
11.02.2015Discount Tickets now Available for Candlelight Picture Perfect at Dallas Heritage Village
10.09.2015Fall Discounts at the Dallas Arboretum
10.09.2015Tickets on Sale for North Pole Express